John is a Graduate of Ohio University's School of Speech and Hearing Sciences. He was the owner of Diles Hearing Center in San Leandro, California from 1989 to 2008. John served as a Peace Corps volunteer at The St. Lucia School for the Deaf in 1978-1979 and is very pleased to be returning after a 36 year absence. John's family has been in the hearing industry since 1934. His grandfather was vice-president of Sonotone Hearing Corporation and his father started fitting hearing aids in 1949. John's brother Bill is an audiologist in Petaluma, California.